Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 1

This is day one of my blog. I've never blogged before so here goes.

I guess I'll tell you about my hair. I seem to get a lot of comments about it. One it's real. Two I don't use salon products or services on my hair. Three I'm the jacqueline101 on the long hair sites. If you have questions you ask me I will answer them but be polite. No rudeness. I bathe my body more often then weekly this is only pertaining to my hair.

I started my growth journey as I call it three years ago(2012 June) after I had my hair permed at a local salon. My hair was wrecked badly. I ended up trimming it to shoulder length. My hair was bra strap length before the trim. My hair was pony tailed 24/7 only hair do I could do because of the thickness. My care routine was mane n tail shampoo all over then mane n tail conditioner all over and daily monistat. I got the idea for using monistat from a huge thread on a hair growth website. I did go to a salon and have a few trims done. I'd have my hair trimmed once a year inch taken off.

I was so desperate for answers I turned to the internet for help. I'm glad I did I found a great site with a lot of answers. In September of 2012 I joined the internet group. In two months (November) my hair grew to arm pit length.  I used straight monistat on my scalp every day and gained a lot of hair growth. I took better care of my hair I wore up up in buns, daily scalp oiling( argan, coconut, and almond oil mix), and ignored it(benign neglect). I stopped using heat on my hair and ripping brushes through my hair. I use a wide tooth comb only.  My hair care routine was daily monistat, weekly scalp washing mane n tail length mane n tail conditioner. Worn up 25/7: I did straight monistat for three months then water diluted for four months.

I grew out the last bit of perm 6 months(May2013) later by that time my hair was almost bra strap length. This is where I stalled for the longest due to damage. I wore the same hair do tightly done claw clip twist. Then my kitten chewed off my hair( June 2014). I had to grow those areas out. I lightly trimmed(dusted) my hair ends. I used a self trim method feye's self trim method. I changed my routine products. Vo5 passion fruit shampoo and conditioner scalp washing weekly and condition length. Followed by Aussie 3 minute miracle. Three times a week tressemee shine spray. I kept my hair braided it grew some 1/2 inch a month before I was gaining an inch a month. I used this routine until late August 2014: I gave up scalp oiling my hair got where it hated it.

Late June 2014 my hair made it bra strap length healthy and growing good. I grew out my damage from my kitten chewing off my hair and the claw clip breaking it. I never changed my hair care routine. I learned to wear it up away from my kitten.

July 2014 I made it to mid back length it was right at the verge of it. The very ends were there.I still didn't change anything about my hair. I kept my hair away from my kitten.

August 28,2014 is my day of making history. I was at the store buying shampoo, conditioner, and products. I bought Pantene Beautiful Lengths shampoo, conditioner, and Pantene Nature Fusion leave in conditioner. I bought Pantene shine serum also. I loved the results I got so much I bought the last two Nature Fusion leave in conditioner on the shelf. I was sad to find out it was discontinued. I bought another set of the Beautiful Lengths too. I kept my weekly washing routine. I did scalp shampooing length conditioning. I added mane n tail conditioner to my routine and my hair was perfect. It was soft manageable and tangle free. My hair stopped tangling. My whole routine consisted of weekly washing as mentioned above. Mane n tail conditioner, rinse, beautiful lengths conditioner rinse out. Dry hair until damp, add shine serum, then nature fusion leave in conditioner. Damp braid that seemed to make my hair grow. I did this for a month then I added a growth method. I used mint extract, water, oil on my scalp weekly did this October. In November I started caffeine scalp mist I do this weekly on wash day before I add any sort of leave in product.

October 2014 I had a set back my hair was attacked by a kid at the local store with a sucker stick. The kid put a sticky sucker in my hair. I had to trim out the stick. I had to trim out a lot of hair. Then it happened again that time I got it out with Aussie 3 minute miracle. It's a cone loaded conditioner. The slip from the cones got the sucker stick out. That's when I came up with a hair bag. I put my hair in it. It's fashioned after a horses tail bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment